Winter tires, also known as snow tires, are designed to provide better traction and handling in snowy and icy conditions than all-season or summer tires. They are made of a softer rubber compound that remains flexible in cold temperatures, which allows them to grip the road better in winter weather.
These style tires typically have deeper tread patterns with more sipes (small slits in the tread blocks) to increase the amount of surface area in contact with the road. This helps to improve braking, acceleration, and handling on snow and ice.
It's important to note that winter tires are not just for snow, but also for colder temperatures in general. Even if there is no snow on the ground, winter tires can provide better traction than all-season or summer tires when the temperature drops below 7 degrees Celsius (45 degrees Fahrenheit).
In some areas, it may be a legal requirement to have winter tires during certain months of the year. It's always a good idea to check local regulations and recommendations, and to consult with a tire professional to determine which tires are best suited for your vehicle and driving needs.
There are many options of snow tires in Edmonton to choose from. At Central Tire Edmonton our professionals choose the best tire for your driving habits and the best tire for your car or light truck.
Winter ice tires are designed for Edmonton drivers and the road conditions we encounter every winter season. Winter tires have special rubber compounds that allow you, the driver, the ultimate in control, traction and stopping power on snow covered, icy, slush or even dry roads.
Contact your Central Tire professional today!
- Directional tread pattern
- Microbit technology in compound
- Serrated stability rib
- Large inner blocks with saw toothed edges
- Snow claws
- Split offset shoulder blocks
- High density 3D sipes
Tiger Paw® Ice & Snow™ 3
- Tiger Paw® Ice & Snow™³
- Enhanced traction in snow and on ice
- Improved grip in cold weather
- Durable and reliable in all winter conditions
- DuraShield® Construction technology
- Molded for Studs (size #12 studs, where permitted by law)
- High density of zig-zag sipes
- Optimized tread compound with advanced synthetic polymers and silica
- Directional tread design
- Optimized pattern design featuring more gripping edges
- M+S Rated
- Provides increased grip on snow and ice for a shorter braking distance