For over 150 years:
As a maker of superior performance tires, BFGoodrich is proud to say that we’ve been passionately performance-driven since the start. For 150 years, our rich heritage of successful performance racing has helped ensure that your vehicle is ready for any challenge — at any time.
From the deserts of Baja to the 24 Hours of Le Mans, we’ve faced much adversity through the years in on- and off-road racing and it has taught us many important lessons about the way tires perform. Our engineers have applied these learnings to every product in every segment. So no matter what type of driving you’re after, you can rest assured that our tires are up to the task.
And we never will. Below is a glimpse of some of the notable challenges that BFGoodrich has conquered throughout its rich history.
- 1903: The first vehicle to cross the United States was fitted with BFGoodrich® tires.
- 1914 and 1915: BFGoodrich becomes the first tire manufacturer to win the Indianapolis 500 two years in a row.
- 1927: Aviator Charles Lindbergh makes the first non-stop transatlantic flight equipped with BFGoodrich® tires.
- 1977: The BFGoodrich® Radial All-Terrain T/A® tire sweeps both SCORE Baja 500 and Baja 1000.
- 1981: Columbia space shuttle is fitted with BFGoodrich® tires.
- 1984: BFGoodrich® tires and Mazda cruise to a Championship C2 class victory at 24 Hours of Le Mans.
- 2002 - 2007: BFGoodrich wins the Dakar Rally for the sixth consecutive year.
- 2006 - 2011: BFGoodrich drives to five consecutive World Rally Cross championships.
- 2017: BFGoodrich triumphs in their return to the Dakar Rally.
It’s more than just crossing the finish line first that excites us. BFGoodrich is driven to produce industry-first technology in all of its tire segments.
- 1947: First tubeless tire for American cars.
- 1965: First radial tire on the American market: the Lifesaver.
- 1967: First run-flat tire.
- 1972: Launches radial-ply touring tires in North America, while other manufacturers continue to develop “Bias-ply” tires.
- 1976: The world’s first all-terrain tire.
- 1999: The first tire with coloured read is introduced: The Scorcher T/A.
- 2002: The world’s first 24-inch 4X4 is released.
- 2016: Commemorates 40 years of SCORE BAJA Racing and the 40th anniversary of the Radial All-Terrain tire.
ULTRA HIGH PERFORMANCE SUMMER
ULTRA HIGH PERFORMANCE ALL-SEASON
STANDARD TOURING ALL-SEASON
GRAND TOURING ALL-SEASON
RACETRACK & AUTOCROSS ONLY
LIGHT TRUCK/SUV TIRES
CROSSOVER/SUV TOURING ALL-WEATHER
OFF-ROAD MAXIMUM TRACTION
ON-/OFF-ROAD COMMERCIAL TRACTION
SHOP FOR BFGOODRICH TIRES
Use our tire selector to find the perfect set of BFGoodrich tires for your vehicle.